January 23, 2012

Make your own Kettle Corn


The other night Marshall and I were settled in for a movie and I got a serious popcorn craving. I wasn't sure at first what type I wanted but then decided on Kettle Corn. I've only ever bought it or made it from microwave popcorn. I'm not eating microwave popcorn anymore (I don't recognize most of the ingredients in there!) and now that I have a wonderful popcorn popper I decided I'd give it a go. I found the following recipes:


Kettle Corn


Tip: Homemade Kettle Corn is much, much tastier when you prepare it with butter-flavor oil.
1/2 cup popcorn
1/4 cup vegetable oil or butter flavor oil
1 1/2 - 3 tablespoons sugar (lightly sweet to very sweet)
Salt to taste

Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan. Pour in the popcorn, sprinkle sugar on top, and cover. Once the popcorn starts popping, shake the pan continuously until the popcorn is popped. Transfer the kettle corn to a serving bowl and salt lightly. Makes 8-10 cups.


Easy Alternate Directions:

Sprinkle salt and sugar to taste over hot, lightly buttered popcorn.


I took the easier alternative but instead of having the grains of salt and sugar (I hate that) I melted butter and sugar together and then put it over top of the popcorn. It made for a little bit sweeter of a Kettle Corn but still very very good (I think next time I'll put a little more salt on, instead of just the salt that's in the butter)

2 comments:

  1. MMMM Kettle corn!!

    I sent you an email about the recipe feature post... I am not sure if for some reason it went to your spam box or what. I am really looking forward to the recipes you choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!