November 10, 2009

Baking Blitz: Marshmallow Salad


I couldn’t seem to find this recipe online or in my cooking books either, and well yet again I asked on facebook and I ended up with three different versions. This is the one I like the most and the one I was looking for. I’m going to make it as one of many things for Christmas dinner!

- 1 tub Nutria Whip or Cool Whip
- 1 box Jell-o Powder (flavor of your choice)
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Can of Pineapple (drained)
- Can of Mandarin Oranges (Drained)
- ½ cup Coconut

Mix whip cream and Jell-o powder together (leave little behind for sprinkling on top). Mix in mini marshmallows, pineapple (crushed works best), mandarins, and coconut. Scoop into nice bowl. Sprinkle remaining Jel-lo powder on top. Put in fridge to set (2 hours in best).

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

12 comments:

  1. you should use a can of fruit cocktail insted of the oranges thats how i used to have it add some of those green cherries an it will be even more christmas looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is also called ambrosia salad which might be easier to find than if you called it marshmellow salad and you should use a can of fruit cocktail with the oranges but i still say add the green cherries i mean what is christmas without a little green and red together happy cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thanks for the comments and tips! ya, i could for sure try it that way too! i think it sort of would be too sweet for me with the cherries tho, but still, a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the internet i got the recipe .im going i going to make this for easter i love this salad mmm thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's such a good easter recipe! glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the flavored marshmellos and no jello. But the rest is same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make this also except no jello and I use the flavored marshmellos for extra flavor and color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!!! I have been looking for this old school recipe!! So Happy you posted it, this is the one I wanted!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh great! i'm glad you like it! it took me forever to find it too so when i did i posted it right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family makes a similar salad. We call it 24 hr salad because it needs to be made a day ahead. Pineapple, Mandarin oranges, regular marshmallows, coconut, and sour cream. The sour cream turns sweet from the marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family makes a similar salad. We call it 24 hr salad because it needs to be made a day ahead. Pineapple, Mandarin oranges, regular marshmallows, coconut, and sour cream. The sour cream turns sweet from the marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!