January 25, 2010

Carrot Cake

I love carrot cake! I don’t make it very often but I think that’s for a lack of recipe. But now I have no excuse because I found this! I hope you like it as much as I do!

CAKE:
□ 2 eggs
□ 2/3 cups Vegetable Oil
□ 1 cups Sugar
□ 1 cups Flour
□ 1 tsp. Baking Soda
□ 1/2 tsp. Salt
□ 1 tsp. Cinnamon
□ 1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
□ 1 1/2 cups Carrots (grated)
□ 1/4 cups Pecans (chopped)

Beat eggs, mix with oil, then sugar. Combine dry ingredients then mix all together. Add grated carrots and pecans.

Bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes (depends on pan used) or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out nearly clean.

Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
□ 1 lb. Icing Sugar (sifted)
□ 2 tbsp. Butter (softened)
□ 1 8-oz. pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
□ 2 tsps. Vanilla

Combine butter and cream cheese. Stir in sugar and vanilla. And all that’s left is to ice the cake!

Enjoy!

If you want to make a trifle out of it check out this recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Im Hana from the Czech Republic - Europe :). I baked your carrot cake today and I love it!!! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Tereza and I'm from the Czech Republic as well! I baked the cake a day ago and it's just wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. does the icing have to be refrigerated??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wouldn't suggest leaving it out for 12 hours, but ya, it can be out for a while. it does have dairy in it so i would say yes, put it in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!