November 17, 2009

Baking Blitz: Cooking Option: Sweet-N-Sour Meat Balls




My mom (to me) makes the best sweet-n-sour meat balls in the world! I remember having them so many times over the years and they have always been associated with great memories so they are a favorite.

I was planning a birthday all day celebration for my now husband and I was trying to make his favorite foods; one of them betting sweet-n-sour meat balls. I did it-after a few phone calls to mom, not sure if I was getting it right- and they were a total hit!

Meat Balls:
4 lb Hamburger Meat
½ lb Onion (grated)
1 head of Garlic (grated of crushed)
Salt
Pepper
And any other seasoning you want (to taste)
2 cups Bread Crumbs

Sauce:
1 can Pineapple (crushed- with juice)
¼ cup White Vinegar (or to taste)
2 cans of Tomato Soup
1 can of Tomatoes (crushed)
1 can of Tomato Paste
2 cups Water
2 tbsp Brown Sugar (or to taste)


Sauce: In a crock pot (preferably) combine all ingredients, mix well, or until smooth. Cook on medium for 1 hour, or until flavors have blended.

Meat Balls: Combine all ingredients, roll into 1’’ meat balls. Add meat balls after sauce has been cooking for at least 30 minutes.

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I second that she does make the best sweet and sour meat balls! I can't believe you got this recipe out of her I have been asking her for years for it.
    But I guess you are closer and that is why you can just sit her down and make her tell it to you! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!