January 15, 2010

Marshall’s Birthday: The Asparagus Show Down

I got an overwhelming response when I asked my friends on facebook what was the best way to cook asparagus. Seeing as Marshall is not the hugest fan (cause he hasn’t had it done right very often) I had to make sure I picked a way that he would really like. I am leaning toward option two (what man doesn’t look bacon?) but we’ll see who wins in the end.


Option #1: Asparagus - Roasted

1 ½ Ib Aasparagus
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 450.

Toss asparagus with olive oil. Lay asparagus in one layer on baking sheet. Roast 12-15 minutes, shaking twice during roasting.

Remove from oven and place on platter. Sprinkle with salt and serve.



Option #2: Asparagus Grilled Wrapped in Bacon

1 Ib Asparagus, ends trimmed
3Oz Bacon
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.

Cut bacon slices lengthwise into 2 thin strips. Gather 2 to 3 asparagus spears and carefully tie bacon into a knot around asparagus bundle. Continue until all ingredients are used. Place asparagus bundles on prepared baking sheet.

In small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Drizzle over asparagus. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.

Roast in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Omg, roasted asparagus is SO good...we like to sprinkle it before baking with shredded parmesan cheese. I wish I had some of that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made it last night (it being his birthday) and the bacon wrapped asparagus won!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!