March 23, 2010

Making Change: Animal Adoption


Stray or abandoned animals break my heart. In my city (Winnipeg) the Humane Society helps over 8,000 a year! That’s a lot of forgotten animals! And they don’t turn away animals, no matter how sick.

Thankfully there are organizations like that and many others that you can go to to get your next pet. Next time you’re considering an animal think of all the animals there without homes. You might not end up with the most popular bread for the season (like a purse dog for example) but you’ll have helped one of the lonely forgotten animals out there, and I guarantee you a lot of love in return.

Shared at: Penny Pinching Party

1 comment:

  1. I agree!
    I can't wait to settle down in one place and adopt a ginormous dog!

    One thing I would say, is to support no-kill shelters financially and with supplies(like D'arcy's ARC in winnipeg) and adopt from the humane society which, unfortunately, has to put animals down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!