September 7, 2010

DYI: Fabric Wedding Banner

So I saw these on Offbeat Bride and I want them. I don't get excited often about DYI project or posts because well at one point or another I've tried them all in some form or another (I was a serious craftier growing up!) and I'm DYIed out at the moment but this one, this one is different! So to give you a little taste here are a couple of the photos!
I'm either going to take on this fun little project or request it as a gift from my sister, who by now has a serious stock of awesome fabrics! (there's always a good reason to give right? I love you Crystal). But either way I think I'd want my pieces at least 9'' long by 5''-6'' wide. I think any smaller and it would look silly using it in my backyard or living room (no more small things for a small apartment!! New house here I come!)
I think I would switch up the red bias tape for maybe a light sage green, but the red is pretty cool. Either way I love all the floral patterns, they make me happy! (As long as I pick ones that aren't too seasonal so I can use this throughout the year...so much to think about!)
For the full and very detailed DYI check out the post!

What's your new DYI project you're taking on? Or want to?

2 comments:

  1. I love how you tell me 100% what you want. For this project that is because I know we talked about it sometime ago but I wasn't sure what you where into. I want to make one for myself too for a long ass hallway!
    I am glad the weather is cooling down cause I feel like sewing again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, i figured you always want details on what i want and you always want me to get something you've made so here's a good one for you!! i totally want all of this!! its so pretty right? and you could totally do it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!