September 27, 2010

My 25th Birthday Wine & Cheese


My birthday is on October 1st but with us being the busy people that we are we had my birthday party this last Saturday. There were a few friends that couldn't make it but it was still a great party and so nice to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in a while.

To be honest though the best part of my party was the cake that Marshall made for me. He's not a big chef or baker so I gave him some direction on what I wanted and some ideas on how to make it and he went to town. I wasn't too sure how things would turn out but wow, he super impressed me! I don't think I've even ever made a cake that good! He even lit the candles and sang happy birthday to me! (Along with a bit of half hearted help from the friends, good thing Marshall has a great voice). THEN he wouldn't let me blow out the candles until he got the camera and captured it. It was great! There's nothing better then a proud husband and I could tell he was doing everything he could think of to make it special for me. He truly is a perfect match for me. It was a great party!




Of course the guys will be around the food..
Sitting and enjoying the cake (while trying to keep Ollie from eating it too)
Here's Marshall, very proud of himself

And more of my yummy carrot cake..yum....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!