September 16, 2010

The One Year


Marshall has been working out of town for a lot of the summer, or at least the summer that we were having (our summer didn't really start until we moved into our house). We knew he would be working out of town a bit, but not this long. He's was gone all of August, and now he'll been gone all of September and it's looking like some of October too.

Sept 1st is our anniversary and it fell right in the middle of the week. He would be back on the weekend which is always great, and he was arranging to come home on the Wednesday (which was the 1st) but it just didn't seem special enough. He would be home for the evening and then have to drive the three hours again the next morning to get back to where they were working.

So I started planning and my father-in-law said that if I ever came out there he would put us up in a B&B so there was that taken care of, and I got him the day off and I managed to get myself the day off too. Now to just surprise him.

I'm not usually a good lair but I would say I did pretty good, he had no idea. I pulled up to the job site (after being lost for a little while), got out of my car and got right up to him. You know how men can get really focused on their work? Well that was for sure the case! After realizing he wasn't going to notice me I said something. He was in shock for a good 20 minutes that I was even there. When I explained that he was done, he had the next day off, and I was saying out with him at a B&B he was thrilled. I don't think there could have been a better surprise!

We felt so totally spoiled the whole way through and it was just a wonderful one year! When we were dating neither of us had a lot of money so we didn't get to do a lot of fancy dates or big celebrating so these little getaways and treats are so much more appreciated.
The B&B! It was wonderful! We'd never stayed at a B&B before and we'd do it again, it was just beautiful!
The dinner I packed up and brought along (it was tricky trying to keep it warm for the 3 hour drive!)
The red room, it was pretty!

The little treat the B&B owners left us. They also gave us a really late check out time because it was our anniversary.
Taking in the wonderful room
There were a lot of fresh flowers left in our room for us too!

The cake that was left for us by the lady that Marshall and the crew are building the cable for. How sweet right?



And when I was just starting to miss Marshall again the next day at work these came for me! What a man!

2 comments:

  1. Mandi you are so sweet! It looks like you guys had an amazing time. That bed and breakfast looks so cute. I have never stayed in one but now I think I will look into them for our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, i never really thought of staying in them either on road trips but they are so relaxing!! so much better then a chain hotel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!