October 3, 2010

Mom's Surprise 60th Birthday Party

The big moment "surprise!" She had no idea. I told her we were going out for appetizers and she thought maybe my sister would fly in and surprise her at the restarant so she was totally thrown off when she came inside to get me. It couldn't have gone any better. My mom works hard and does so much for others that I decided it was time for her to have a no effort on her part party. I managed to get almost everyone important on her friend and family list there and it was a real girls party. We played game, drank wine, ate food and had a lot of fun. She was thanking me for a week afterward.
The gifts
The spread of amazing food that everyone brought
Mom answering all the "How well do you know Cath" games questions
Erika picking a gift to go to another winner but she got the rest of the basket for knowing Cath (Mom) the best
Opening her Mamma Mia tickets
The money tree! Which we are now using to go on a shopping trip to the states! She's been wanting to do that for a while so it's great that we get to do it and that her friends were so generous, I think she felt truly spoiled.
The "Cake"
Charity checking out the details of the fruit dip
The sunflowers I bought for mom
The half eaten cheese ball. It was so good!
On and the deviled eggs, yum!!

I little fall decor
And of course quiche
These cheese puffs.....wow....butter and cheese..I think they were sin
Grandma with Ollie after a very nice party! You deserved it mom! Happy 60th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!