November 18, 2010

Whipped Shortbread Maraschino Cherry Cookies


Ok, so I found another recipe I'm adding to the Christmas baking list! But why not right? It's always nice to have a couple of new items in there, new treats each year!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 12 maraschino cherries

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C.)
  2. Combine butter or margarine, flour and confectioner's sugar and beat for 10 minutes.
  3. Drop from teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Decorate with maraschino cherry pieces.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned.
(One thing I'm going to add though is a little chocolate drizzle on top. I think chocolate and cherries are just meant to be together so why keep them apart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!