December 12, 2010

Cherry Tea Cakes


Ok, so I found another cherry cookie but this one looks amazing too!! I think I'll wait a little while to try it out but I thought I should share it with you anyways. Don't they look amazing?

1 C Powdered Sugar
1 C Butter
1 T Cherry liquid (from the maraschino cherries)
1/2 t Almond extract
3-4 Drops red Food coloring
2 1/4 C Flour
1/2 t Salt
1/2 C Chopped drained maraschino cherries
1/2 C White chocolate chips, optional

  • Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add cherry liquid, almond extract, and food coloring and beat to incorporate. Beat in flour and salt. Stir in cherries (and white chocolate chips if you decide to include them).
  • Shape into 1 inch balls, pat down with fingers to flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes. (They are good soft, but even better when crisp like traditional shortbread, but watch them so the bottoms don’t burn.) Cool 20 minutes.
  • Melt chocolate and drizzle over the cookies (optional).

2 comments:

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!