March 23, 2011

Road Trip: Day 3- Grand Canyon


Day three: Drive from Salt Lake City to Grand Canyon, night in Flagstaff.


We made the mistake of listening totally to our GPS which brought us to the north rim of the Grand Canyon, or as close as we could get to that because well, it's closed over winter! (Good to know right?).
That wasn't all together horrible because got to see trees and pretty scenery like this the whole way.
The first site of things changing! It seemed like forever driving in the snow and I find that pretty boring.

I guess this was a little settlement back in the day. It made for a fun little stop and walk around. A break from all this driving.


I love how there weren't really any signs around the edge to use caution but they put it in their news letter.
His drink and her drink.




I'll be honest, I really wasn't expecting this much snow, but I guess that was silly of me. I really didn't realize how far north the Grand Canyon really was. I'm just glad I brought along my winter boots and coat!









3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos! Looks so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya, it was so great! lots of fun! cold but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I love the one of the tall snowy trees and the one of you holding up the rock ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!