May 25, 2011

Thrift House


I decided that I am going to start taking pictures of all the great things I either get for free or I find thrifting. I mean I love a good deal so why not? I love remember what I've all found too so this series is almost more for me then for you! Ha ha, I love to document things and remember what's what. I think the type of blogs like my blog should first and for most always been for the author first. I mean people don't usually go back to read your old stuff so really it should be for you right? For me blogging is more to collect all the things I love and put them in one spot! And it's so organized and pretty too!

Anyways, back on track: I started by going around my house and taking pictures of everything that I could remember that I got for free or bought used. I was excited to see how much I really did get that way! I love finding a new life for thing in my house!

I thought first I would post some really great upcycling and thrifting videos but stay tuned, next week starts all the thrift house fun!







I don't buy clothes at the thrift store as much as I used to but I thought this video would be good for those of you that do or want to start! It's a little long but she's got some gone tips. Also she has a really great blog with lots of thifting help if you need!

5 comments:

  1. I know you are doing this for you but I am so excited about these posts! It is like we will be thrifting together without even being in the same province! I think I should really start doing this too because I start to get lost in the amount of great goodies I find. I have been buying a lot of books lately because I just can't get over the smell and feel of the paper. I think I am going to have to open up a vintage book store! ha ha
    Can't wait to see what your finds are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya, it's going to be great! And ya, it's sort of a trend thing right now so i think my readers will really like it and my friends always ask me what i find so here's where i'll let them know you know? Oh i have so much good stuff. I went around the hose taking pictures and i think i have 30 already and i could probably do another 20 by now! you should totally do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm excited to see what you share!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award today on my blog!
    xoxox
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thrifting. And I love seeing other peoples scores. Thanks for deciding to share them with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea and I look forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!