February 24, 2012

DIY Paper Weaving from Brandi

Hello Captive Creativity readers!! I’m Brandi and I blog over at Don't Disturb This Groove. I am excited to be here today and share with you a paper weaving craft idea.

As a kid I always enjoyed paper weaving.  Weaving patterns can be simple or more elaborate.

 I like to weave quilling strips.  I purchased a pack of quilling strips at Hobby Lobby for $3.29.

To startweave each paper strip over and under each thread. If the previous strip went under the thread, the following row will begin by going over the thread.  The pattern will resemble a checker board design.  Alternate colors of strips as you weaveContinue weaving until the paper is full.  Trim the strips.



Once finished, I chose to display my project in a frame, in my daughters room.

 The pastel colors are perfect for spring!


Thanks again, Amanda for inviting me over!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for inviting me over Amanda! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!