My girl friend Bobbi-Jo made up a bunch of these and gave them out at Christmas time and I was lucky enough to get one! I wanted to save baking them for a special occasion and so I waited for our road trip. I made them and serious before we even got to California they were gone! These cookies are wonderfully good! So if you're looking for a fun gift idea or just another cookie to try you have to go with these!
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- ¾ cup m&ms
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
-½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ - ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- ½ cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.
- Then roll the cookie dough into 1½ inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.