November 16, 2009

Baking Blitz: Cooking Option: Mango Lassi (Indian Yogurt Drink)


Recently we went to an Indian restaurant for a friend’s birthday dinner and they served us mango Lassi in between courses. I hadn’t had it since high school and I forgot how wonderful it is! I love mango to begin with but when your face is on fire it tastes even better then you remember it!

This drink is great for a pallet cleanser (or cooler!) when you’re having a spicy meal.

1 ½ cup Plain Yogurt
2 tbsp Sugar
½ cup Crushed Mango
1 ½ cup Ice Cubes

Blend all ingredients in a blender. Yields 12 ounces.

Tip: If you’re not a big mango fan you can substitute it (the same amount) with raspberries or strawberries.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? Indian food is one of my FAVORITES and I do not think I have ever had this. I am going to have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously crystal, you have to try this!! it is so good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!