November 16, 2009

Baking Blitz: Cooking Option: Naan Bread


I love love love Naan bread! I love it with Indian food and well, just in general! I make it sometimes and turn it into little mini pizzas, or eat it with my pasta dishes (I know, it’s Indian but does it really matter? It’s my house, my kitchen, my rules right?)

This recipe is really simple and it’s the perfect add to your Indian dish, especially if you make it really spicy!

Bread:
1 cup Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Yogurt
½ cup 1% Milk
1 Egg White

Topping:
Butter
Minced Garlic


Heat oven to 425

Mix butter and minced garlic in a bowl, put aside.

Combine flours, baking powder, sugar and salt. In another bowl whisk together yogurt, milk and egg white. Combine mixtures and mix until it’s a light fluffy dough. Knead on a floured surface. Knead well. Let stand: covered with a damp cloth for 30 minutes.

Divide dough evenly into 8 pieces. Roll into balls then pat out into elongated leaf shapes. Place on a non stick pan, spread melted butter and garlic mix on each pieces before putting in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!