November 9, 2009

Baking Blitz: Gourmet Mint Brownies


This was my second option for the night. The rum balls went so well that I kept going!

Rating: I give these a 3, but I'd like to try them again because I think I could do a better job. (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")

Filling:
1 (8oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese (softened) or sour cream
¼ cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Mint Extract
4 drops Green Food Color

Brownies:
1 cup Butter
4 oz. Chocolate Chips
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
4 Eggs
1 cup Flour

Frosting:
2 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Corn Syrup
2 tbsp. Water
2 oz. Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Icing Sugar

Filling: Heat oven to 350. grease and flour 13’’x9’’ pan. Combine cream cheese, sugar. Beat until smooth. Add egg, mint extract, and food color. Mix well, set aside.

Brownies: Melt butter and butter over light heat. Stir constantly. Cool for 15 minutes. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition. Stir in flour; mix well. Spread in greased and floured pan. Spread filling over brownie. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool for one hour or until completely cool.

Frosting: In a sauce pan combine butter, syrup, and water, bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, stir until melting. Stir in vanilla and icing sugar. Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownie. Cut into bars. Best served when cold.

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!