November 9, 2009

Baking Blitz: Rum Balls


I got home Friday night and had had a frustrating time getting home and getting a few things done on the way (couldn’t get my SIN card name change done for the three time, and I was 20 minutes late for a chiropractor appointment because of traffic and construction) so I decided to bake to take my mind off of it. I picked two recipes and got started. Instead of using the mix master I used my whisk to take out some of the anger on the mix (it helped!).

1 cup Graham Wafer Crumbs
1 ½ cups Chopped Nuts
1 cup Icing Sugar
2 tbsp. Cocoa (or not to taste)
3 tbsp. milk or cream (soya or rice milk works too)
2 ½ tbsp. Light Corn Syrup (or just normal syrup if you don’t have light)
1 tbsp. rum flavoring (or rum to taste)
Chocolate Sprinkles, Flaked Coconut or Sugar

Combine wafer crumbs, walnuts, sugar and cocoa. Stir well. Add cream, syrup, and rum flavoring. Mix well. Shape into 1inch balls. Roll in chocolate sprinkles, coconut or sugar. Store in fridge or freezer. Makes 2 ½ dozen.

Tip: If you don’t want rum flavored balls, try coconut, milk, or peanut flavoring.

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!