November 6, 2009

Baking Blitz: Raisin Bran Flaxseed Muffins


For some reason I have a lot of trouble with my digestion. I tried so many different things and it didn`t seem to get much better (unless I was taking so many vitamins that I didn`t have enough money to get groceries!) One of my good friends Sara told me I needed a lot more bran and flaxseed (she’s very smart with that sort of stuff! She gives great health advice). I searched for a good recipe that really gave me what I needed and ended up modifying one that I found and wow, does it work! They muffins are full of fibre and super healthy for you! I have one every morning for breakfast and they take me (energy wise) all the way till lunch!


1/2 cup Quick Oatmeal
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 cup Oat Bran Flakes (you can find these in the baking section)
1/2 cup Honey
1 Egg
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Flax Seeds
1 tsp. Baking Soda (dissolved in milk)
1 cup Milk
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Water

Boil raisins in water with honey for approximately 5 minutes; mix all other ingredients together. Add raisins and water to mixture, stir well and pour into greased muffin tin bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
Makes 12 muffins.

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!