November 18, 2009

Baking Blitz: Skor Bars


A friend of mine in high school used to make these all the time, and oh so well and finally I decided it was my turn (after, what, 6 years?). I think I remember trying it once and I messed it up (don’t ask me how!) so I hadn’t tried again.

I don’t know what happened the first time, but this is such an easy and amazing recipe and probably a lot healthier (but still not healthy) for you then what’s in a real Skor bar.

35 Soda Crackers
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 cup Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1 ½ cups Chocolate Chips

Heat over to 350
Line cookie sheet with foil (I prefer wax paper). Place a single layer of soda crackers, salted side up, on the cookie sheet, trimming if necessary.

In a saucepan, bring to a boil: brown sugar and butter. Boil for about 3 minutes; stir constantly. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Pour over crackers, covering completely. Bake for 5 minutes or until very bubbly. While still hot cover with chocolate chips. Let stand for about 5 minutes, or until chips are melted; spread to cover surface. Refrigerate or freeze until hard; cut into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!