November 4, 2009

Baking Blitz Starts Now

So lately I have been on this baking and cooking kick (I think it has something to do with getting married and doing the nesting thing). I’ve always really liked baking and the fun things you can come up with.

When I was little, every chance I got I took to be in the kitchen with my mom helping create something and I’ve learned a lot of my skills from her (including using your eye instead of cups and spoons for measuring!). Throughout high school I took all the cooking courses I could as well (where they didn’t like it too much when I didn’t follow the recipes to a t).

With that said, I thought I would post some of my favourite recipes from the past, new ones I’ve discovered lately, and any other fun I have in the kitchen. November and December to me are months of great baking, Christmas and the like, and I figured I’d get on that too! This year my goal is to make all sorts of different holiday treats and fill my freezer with them as I go (and to not gain weight in all of it, which be the harder goal!).

So keep reading, there will be lots of sweet things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!