November 4, 2009

My New Shop And My Inspiration For It

I have one sister and her name is Crystal. She lives in Montreal with her boyfriend Paul. She’s 2 ½ years older than me but at times we look like twins and we have those strange links that twins have. There will be days where we’ll ask each other (we email daily) what we did the night before and we did the exact same things! Or we’ll end up buying the same things, or wearing the same thing to work, or thinking of doing the same thing, at the same time. Yes, it could just be coincidence, but this happens way too often for that to be the answer and we live on so far from each other that influencing each other’s decisions isn’t likely either. My theory is we are twins born at different times or something fun like that.

Anyways, my sister is my inspiration in a lot of ways. I’ve always looked up to her for her beauty, popularity, and fun personality. She was always more graceful and rhythmic then me (which I really envied cause I always wanted to be on a dance team but I think I would hurt myself and others too much for that! I stuck to horseback riding and other nature activities)

Recently she started herself a website with her boyfriend Paul where she doesn’t the coolest posts of fashion and fun things that she finds! http://thehouseofhearts.com She also started a shop on Etsy http://thehouseofhearts.etsy.com selling vintage fashion and art work done by Paul (he’s a incredibly talented animator!)

I think she’s gone through this huge caterpillar to butterfly transformation becoming the (even more) creative person that she is today. She’s always had that creative artsy side to her but she expressed it in different ways (figure skating and dance mainly) but now she’s taken on this whole new side to her, opened it up to the world and I find that so inspiriting.

I’ve always made jewellery and painted as a sort of vent and hobby but with my sister venturing out and doing her sites I decided “Why not give it a try myself?” I created a Etsy shop too (with some help from Crystal) http://beadybody.etsy.com featuring different vintage and handmade jewellery. I just bought some new canvases so the paintings are on the way too. I find it so liberating and exciting that I can just create something just like that; go online and make myself a shop! I’m so thankful for the advances we have in technology and the availability of it all.

So this post is about my sister. Inspiring me to go out and do my own thing too! She’s the best sister I could have!

1 comment:

  1. Ok so you made me cry (in a good way). I love you so much Mandi and I am happy that I could inspire you but remember you are a huge inspiration to me too!
    You are so talented, organized and driven. You can do whatever you want to do, don't let anyone EVER hold you back!
    I love you so much and wish I could see you right now to give you a hug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!