November 4, 2009

Baking Blitz: Marshmallow Peanut Butter Square


I couldn't find this recipe in any of my books, or online under any name I tried. Finally I in listed facebook, asked on my “What’s on your mind?” area and sure enough 4 of my friends knew a recipe! (I love facebook for that; if I don’t know something all I have to do is ask and someone out there can help me, it’s great!) So in case you were in the same spot I was and couldn’t find a recipe, or you’ve never tried it before (you have to now, it’s amazing!) here you go! Enjoy!


2 pkg. butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 cups miniature marshmallows (the colored ones are the best)

Place the first 3 ingredients into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1-1/2 minutes, then stir. Microwave for an additional 1-1/2 minutes. Continue at 30 second intervals until melted. Stirring in between each setting. Let cool a couple of minutes and add 4 cups marshmallows and stir well. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan and spread evenly. Let cool completely, then cut into squares.

Option: you could also do the melting in a double boiler, or just a pot if you don’t like doing things in a microwave

Have any good ideas, or substitutes for this....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so going to have to try this. PB melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man, me too!! I want a peanut butter ball right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!