January 21, 2010

How to Have an English Tea Party Today

I was thinking the other day about how nice it would be to have the traditions they used to have back in Europe (and here I guess?) so long ago. I love movies (and the period) like Pride and Prejudice, Emma and, Ever After.

I love all the formalities, and the way they talked to one another, it was so beautiful.



Here are some idea if you’re wanting to do your own tea party!

You can get one of many beautiful dresses offered here!


You can get your tea cups and cake plates at Yellow Magnolia

You can get your jewelery for the party here!


You can get your hat or even some gloves here!

Or for some different vintage hats try this shop!

And of course shoes!

For a story and facts on how afternoon teas started check out Lady Of Kincevel’s post!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a lovely collection of Beautiful Old Word Charm! Im honord You have added my Link and Photo to your blog.LOve It Love IT Love IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this.So very feminine.It is o very chic to have a lovely tea party with your closest women friends and just not for bridal or baby showers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute and different, I like your pictures they represent what women like to do and where. Thanks for being creative...Good Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!