January 18, 2010

Marshall’s Birthday: French Toast


I decided last night that everything I planned wasn’t quite enough so I thought I would make Marshall’s lunch and make him breakfast in bed. I wasn’t too sure how I was going to surprise him with this but thankfully he’s pretty out of it in the mornings when he first wakes up so me getting out of bed before him (and not hitting my snooze button 5 times) didn’t really make him wonder. If I would have through this through a little more I would have used a recipe like below (instead I just did 2 eggs beaten and the bead soaked in it..oh and I cooked them too!) and they would have looked like the picture posted, but I still make my man’s morning, and that’s what counts!


1/4 Flour
1 cup Milk
1 pinch Salt
3 Eggs
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp Sugar
12 thick slices Bread

Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.

Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. What a yummy surprise! I just had cinnamon french toast on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!