February 16, 2010

Making Change, Making a Difference: Sponsor Children

Did you know that there are 100 million orphans throughout the world? Not to mention this even growing number because of natural disasters.

I sponsored a child when I was 14 and have continued sponsoring her to this date. She’s now 14 and we have a pen pal relationship as well as the bond built over the years that brings us closer together. I feel a special unique responsibility for her.

Most sponsorships vary from $30-$40 a month. Think of that. That’s less then my phone bill, less then I spend on entertainment in a month. Isn’t that sad?

If you get yourself on a budget, or even if you’re not on one you can afford this. There are hundreds of organizations to choose from but a couple that I know are really trust worthy, and give the most back to the children are World Vision, Compassion Canada and, Watoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!