April 14, 2010

Home Grown Talent: Sweet Serindipity Cakes






1) What is your company or art name?


Well, I make cakes. My company name is Sweet Serindipity Cakes














2) What made you want to develop this skill/talent?


I made cakes for my 2 girls for their birthdays, and people have started to ask me to make cakes.





3) How did you learn?



YouTube! and trial and error. And lots of googling when I had a question.







4) How long have you been making cakes?



Well I’ve been making cakes for 6 years (since my oldest daughter's 1st birthday), but I’ve really been getting into it more in the last month.














5) What are your inspirations in your art?

I google pictures of beautiful cakes and save all my favourites in a folder on my computer. Then when I’m stuck for an idea, I search through the pictures.









6) What are your specialties?


So far I don’t have any specific specialty. I’ve done birthday cakes, shower cakes; I’m going to be doing some wedding cakes in the near future. Erin doesn’t have a website yet, but you can view her cakes in this album and contact her at erin.joanna@gmail.com if you are looking for a cake!




Submit yourself, or someone else you know with a Home Grown Talent here!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I'm always so completely astonished and at the same time humbled by the talent we have in this epic province I love to call home. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!