November 30, 2010

Our Christmas Traditions


I love Christmas (if you haven’t already noticed!) and I love all the traditions. When I was little we had all sorts of things we did together and I love carrying some of those over to now, being all grown up and having my own place. I know it’s more something you do when you have kids but it makes just as much sense to do it now, just me and Marshall, because really why not? Memories are memories, and why not have something to hold on to every year? Something to look forward to because you know it’s one of your traditions?! So, I thought -in case you don’t have a lot or any of your own, or if you’re looking for a few more- I would share ours!

Do a movie marathon (we have homemade baking, watch at least 5 movies and this year we’re ordering in Chinese food)

Spend a few nights doing a lot of Christmas baking (you’ve seen my list, it’s pretty long this year!)

Put up the tree and decorate the house (always in November so that we can enjoy it for as long as possible)

Come up with all sorts of stocking gifts and open those first (sometimes on Christmas Eve)

Watch at least one Christmas movie

Go to at least one Christmas service at Church (our church has special services all December)

See some sort of play or musical over the winter season (with my mom)

Go to the Festival of Trees & Lights

Check out the Gingerbread House Contest at The Forks

Drive around and see all the houses decorated

Make a gingerbread house or tree (with my mom)

Have at least one homemade traditional meal complete with turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes and all the other fixings


New tradition this year:

Buy a holiday hand soap from Bath & Body Works (we’re usually the all natural bar soap type of people but I got one from a girl friend and I have to say it is a really nice treat)

Do you have any special traditions? I’m looking to add a few more and I’d love to hear them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!