January 8, 2011

Christmas with Ashley, Justin & Doug (& Marshall & Ollie)


I guess you would sort of consider this the Dyck Christmas, but usually I would think that would be the big gathering we have every Christmas with all of the family. I love it by the way! I know I married into the family but I feel more at home at those gatherings then I do at my own. Likely because my mom's side has gatherings maybe ones every 2 years and my dad's side isn't like it used to be and is only ones a year as well.

Anyways, this is the Dyck side! I don't have any photos of our time at Shirl's (mother-in-law) so unfortunately I can't include any of those.

It was a really good day. We had the Christmas on the 24th and did the usual: made a big turkey dinner, open presents, had lots of appetizers, deserts, watched a couple of movies and played a board game (Mad Gab to be exact). It's nice to have something to look forward to like that every year. It's not all these huge detailed traditions but I like that. Just relaxing with family is really nice.
Ashley waiting patiently to open gifts.
The pretty (and soft) blanket we got
The painting I did for Justin. For not remember his wall colours I think I did a pretty good job matching.
The painting I did for Doug


The spread of food! It was great!
The men- where they should be; in the kitchen (helping the women ;)
The sweater Ashley got Doug
That knife was a lot bigger then it looks in this picture. Something else not as intense would have worked but we were at Justin's (i.e. a bachelor) house so a big knife is what you use after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!