January 2, 2011

Green Bean Casserole

Oh my gosh, doesn't this look great?! I was looking for a cookie recipe and this one came up...oh I want to eat it right now so I thought I just had to share it.

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
30 ounces green beans, canned, drained *
10 3/4 ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup milk
2 3/4 ounces French-fried onions
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Combine green beans, soup, milk, pepper and 1/2 of the onions; gently stir together to mix well. Spread mixture in a 1 1/2 to 2 quart ovenproof casserole dish.

Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Top with remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes more.

Cooks Note: *May substitute 18 ounces frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained.

Serving Size: 6

2 comments:

  1. My mom made that dish a lot for us when we were younger. She put tator tots on top though. It was really good!

    -bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that sounds great! I think I just might try it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!