February 14, 2011

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes


So I decided that I was going to make these for Valentine's Day this year! I've had them a few times, done a few different ways and never really liked them until I had them at a girls night a couple weeks ago. The cream cheese was sweetened and there were chocolate chips in the cream cheese, PLUS icing on top! I don't think they could be done any better!

So in case you’re like me and didn't know about this way of doing the cupcakes here you go! I'm so excited to eat them!! They're in the oven right now...I can smell them calling me!


Ingredients:
Yield: 20 cupcakes

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla


Directions:
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins

In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients.

Add chocolate chips and set aside.

Mix remaining ingredients well.

Fill muffin tins, lined with paper cups 1/3 to 1/2 full with this mixture

Drop a large spoonful of cheese mixture on top.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.


(For the icing on top I just used a pre-made store bought icing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!