February 15, 2011

My Valentine's Day

Oh, yes, Valentine's Day! We invited my mom over last night and made a fun little meal. The plan was to watch a cute lovely dovey movie after dinner but we got detracted with buying cheap glasses online (more on that in another post)

So you know me, always for a good time here's our evening described through photos
(and a little editorial help)
Marshall's gift from me- the cookies. From mom-Starbucks gift card.




It's called raspberry romance. I agree.
Nothing like a good amount of heart shaped candy to remind you what we're celebrating.
Turned out pretty good right? (2 cups flour, 6 Tbsp Olive Oil and water as needed. Best thin crust recipe I have found yet)




Almond mandarin orange salad with a raspberry vinaigrette.

It was a very good night.

8 comments:

  1. OMG I love the pizza! And LOVE that your Mom joined you! So adorable! I am going to have to try that dough recipe!

    xoxo
    Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh seriously, I'm not lying, it's the best home made thin crust recipe. And I'm not that great at pizza yet, so I think that's saying a lot seeing as it was my first go at it and it was that good!

    Ya, I love having my mom a part of things! Marshall and I are having a really romantic dinner on Friday so why not spread the love in the mean time right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that meal looks so good. I am definitely going to try out that pizza dough recipe. Have you ever made it with rice flour? I wonder if it would turn out the same way. So cute that you made the pizza into a heart. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Ya, it was a lot of fun! No, i haven't tried it with rice flour, but i'm sure there's some sort of rice flour to "normal" flour ratio you could follow? I'm sure it would work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heart shaped pizza is so cool. It looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks like so much fun! I am sad I missed it :( I got to eat Chinese take-out with Paul in bed. Sometimes it sucks having a boyfriend that is a workaholic, but I know he works so hard for us!
    Love you Mandi. It looks like you guys really out did yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ya, crystal, it was a lot of fun. i wish you would have been there! mom had a great time : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!