March 31, 2011

Spa Redesign




My girlfriend Claire is in the middle of redesigning her new spa room and she asked me for a little inspiration help. I thought I would start with showing a couple of pictures of small spa rooms.


Her spa room is green so I thought I would show some examples of green decor done well.




Now here is what I came up with. I'm not an artiest (in this way at least!) so ignore the flaws in this drawing but I couldn't find a picture that really showed what I wanted.

First the photo wall on the far wall. Here are a few ideas of that. If the walls are all green it might be a good idea to just buy a bunch of different frames and paint them white and have just the outside of the frame up, as seen below (you can get these for super cheap at any thrift store). I think for a spa room, especially a small one it's really important to keep it simple.

If you want a little more detail here's another option for a photo wall.


Beach themes are also really great for spa rooms! It gives a very relaxing feel!
Here are a couple of ideas for the book shelf (for your supplies) and a little table to have close beside you. This one doesn't have wheels but it would be very easy to add wheels to most little tables.
(You can find little tables and shelves like this at the thrift store as well and JYSK has some nice ones for very cheap)

For the curtain walls if the walls are all green it might be nice to add another calming color like white. If you get sheer curtains it will give a good texture and you'll see be able to see some of the green through as well.


I couldn't find an better example of spot lighting in a room but imagine it like this but on the floor. It's a less intense light then one on the ceiling. I found a few at the thrift store for a few dollars but I know Walmart also sells them.

If you're wanting to hide the spot lights a little some sticks like these would be a good option to put in from of them. And the shadow they give is really pretty as well.

Here's are a couple ideas for a on-the-wall chandelier. You can get these at Dollarama, Walmart, Rona, Home Depot etc. It's a great chic addition to the room without taking up any room.



If you can find some great silver accessories they're a really good fung shway thing to have in your room
And if there is any room left here are a couple of fun furniture option.
I hope this helped Claire! Good luck with the redecorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!