May 16, 2011

Road Trip: Day 8, Part 2: LA-Oscars, Madame Tussauds, Trolley Ride


We had some time to waste before our trolley ride and we had a Go LA card so we got in free to Madame Tussauds. I would never pay $25 a person to go in there but because it was part of the card, and it was rainy and cold outside we went in. It was a lot of fun and really creepy at the same time because some of those statues look super real. I couple times I thought they were going to start moving.


We didn't get to go on a tour of the Kodak Theater because they were setting up for the Oscars but it was pretty neat getting to walk around while it was all being set up.




And of course we did some working around to see the stars and hand prints.












We didn't get any photos of the trolley ride 1) because it was raining and it was an open air trolley and I didn't want to get the camera wet 2) because we were going to fast and it was too dark to really get much and 3) because I was freezing and so didn't want to keep my fingers out of my pockets for any longer then I had to.

At one point a car went by us and through a puddle and got us all soaked on that side of the trolley. It was not the highlight of the ride that's for sure but I'll never forget it.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I love Madame Tussauds's because everything is so damn life-like. I've been to the one in NYC 2 times, but tickets are hardly $25 more like $45. They opened one in DC a few years ago, and you think - hey I live here, so I should go, but I just haven't really felt like so...maybe this summer I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $45?? wow that's a lot of money! i wouldn't go unless i had some sort of coupon! I don't care about celebs that much! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!