September 5, 2011

Living Room Before & After



Doesn't it look wonderful? It's come along so well and I'm so happy and (still) excited about this end result. The project took a lot longer then we thought it would and there were a few extra steps but it was so worth it to now have a living room and dinning room we love.

















Some new blinds. We bought at least 10 different types of curtains before we thought of blinds and turns out that's the best thing that goes in there anyways. I wanted something white and clean, and it sort of gives the place a little bit of a (modern) cap cod feel right?

The antique green couch used to be here but we put it in the studio to make it a little more roomy and simple in the living room.






















I got this light for free when we were moving out of our old apartment. They were remodeling and were just going to throw it out anyways. I just spray painted it, switched up the bulbs and there you go! Looks like a million!


I updated this liquor shelf while I was at it. It was brass before. Not bad for a 25cent purchase!
(here's the before picture!)



Right now I'm not putting any art work up on the walls except for that large painting in the dinning room. So I thought a little art work on the floor would be fun...and I was running out of room on where to put all my extra art.

6 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful make-over and I love the character of your home. The lush crown moldings and the Arabesque arched doorways are gorgeous. I also adore what you did to that simple little, crystal chandelier, painting it black updated it and gave it wow factor. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE what you have done. The styling is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It look so bright. Great job. I'm so itching for a home project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your updates are fantastic + I actually new b.ones everywhere + your look really good + its a great clean space + love it.

    Wye

    ReplyDelete
  5. These rooms look fantastic! Amazing what paint and a few fix ups can do eh? Way to go :D It must feel so good to walk in there knowing how much work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks guys!! ya it really feels great and it's amazing how i didn't realize how much it didn't feel like ours in there until we did all this work. it feels so much more us now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!