October 10, 2011

Candida Diet Supper: Cabbage Rolls

Don't these look great? I can't wait to make them! I've always wanted to try making cabbage rolls, but it just seems like something I should do with my mom, or an aunt or something, because of my heritage I think I have it in me that this is something I'm supposed to do in a group of ladies. I think either way I'll do it with my mom. Oh, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

For 4 servings:
Source

1/2-1 pound of organic lean minced Beef or Lamb
1/2 cup brown rice
1 organic egg
1 head of cabbage
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves
4 tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt

Tear 6-8 leaves off the cabbage and cook in boiling water or steam until wilted enough to be flexible. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl mix the meat, uncooked brown rice, 1/2 chopped onion, egg, 2 minced garlic cloves and salt. Roll the meat and rice mixture in the cabbage leaves and put them in baking dish. For the tomato sauce, sauté the onion, garlic and chopped tomatoes in a wide based pan.

Place the stuffed cabbage leaves in a baking dish, cover with the tomato sauce, add 1 cup of water and cover. Bake in the oven 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!