October 8, 2011

Double Late/Sun Lover Tulipa Care

Aren't these pretty? I think they look a lot like circus roses which are my favorite flower so when I found these and that I could grow them here I was very excited! I planted all my bulbs already so now I just sit and wait till spring!


Bloom Time:  May
Color:  Red and Yellow
Foliage Color:  Green
Hardiness Zone: 3,4,5,6,7

Description: Unbeatable for large flowers and brilliant color.  The flowers of this standout double-late tulip are a vibrant golden yellow with light red brush marks—a color so bright and vibrant that they seize attention even from across the yard.  Tall and vigorous, Sun Lover grows 20- to 24-inches and blooms in May.  Plant a bed full to brighten the entire garden and cut some for spectacular bouquets.

Plant:
Plant 6'' deep and 5'' apart. Cover with mulch to add extra protection in the winter. They can be in full sun to part shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!