December 17, 2009

Baking Blitz: Sucre a crème Sauce


My good friends Roxy and Jazzy make this sauce when we do crêpes and it is by far one of my favorite things ever! They are French and have introduced me to this and many other wonderful French things, but this is still one of my favs.

1 cup 35% Whipping Cream
2 cups Brown Sugar (gently packed)


Mix together in a pot and bring to a bowl; stir constantly. Continue to boil for 10-20 minutes (the longer your sauce boils the thicker it will be once it sets).



Remove from heat and keep stir for a little while so it doesn`t burn. Let it cool and use it for crepes, waffles, with fruit and yogurt, over ice cream or a cake OR as part of a fruit dip which I will be post the recipe for soon!

Enjoy!

Have any good ideas, suggestions or experiences....share them, leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes this is amazing! We always get this when we have fruit sushi. Mmm... ok now I want some :)
    Got to love the french and their great food.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!