July 21, 2011

Road Trip: Day 11, Part 3- Seals & Squirrels



After Hearst Castle we drove a little more, with full intentions to get to San Francisco for the evening. Then we saw signs to see seals and all this happened....




If you're pretty new to following me you don't likely know just how much I love animals. Any chance I pay with them, feed them and take pictures of them. I love animals and I love nature, so when I saw these squirrels and how close they were getting to people I decided I would give feeding them a try. Just like the pigeons in Saint Mark's Square they were totally into the idea and played along to get there food. This was the highlight of my day!




The one that's climbing off my leg tried to eat my ring! Ha ha it was a strange feeling having a little mouth take a bite out of metal around your finger. Thankfully he did no damage. They have funny cute little lips too, who would have known?



They sort of blend in but the seals are in there! Just being all fat in the sun!














Back on the road and starting to get more into the Redwood forest!!


It started to get dark as we were driving but we went through all this beautiful treed area and I just had to show you some how what you would see along the highway so I found a video! It doesn't do it justice but it's just so pretty trying to take this and times it by 10 and you'll get a feel for how pretty it is.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice trip! I love the squirrels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos, those squirrels are so cute! I love seals, I saw them in San Fran but it's fun to see them out like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! I read each comment and really appreciate them all! Have a creative day!